Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My Recovering Goats

Well I am amazed how quickly the goats are recovering.  Feefee is fine now.  Looloo's wound has almost completely filled in and is now mostly just a large scab.  I'm just totally amazed that two weeks ago she had a ragged hole the size of a lime and now it's just mostly a large scab.  I credit their health and vitality.  I truly believe that I have the healthiest goats in Botswana.  They snack on apples, nuts, papaya, banana and banana skins, potato scraps, and they love cauliflower and broccoli as well as their mass of hay and a litte grain.  Once the summer rains start they can forage more around the house.
















This is the usual scene.  Looloo still likes the protection this overturned ottoman provides for her (protection mostly from me sneaking up behind her to spray her wound with antiseptic treatment) and she also occasionally eats it.  Pepper likes the view and the midday sun.

Overall I'm so happy with how they're healing.

Katy arrives soon and I can't wait to have her here!  We go on our annual trans-Okavango river trip in a week and we'll have a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment