Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving

I went home for Thanksgiving to be with my parents.  The house is tucked into the base of a small mountain.  One of my favorite walks is taking the stone steps up to an overlook.




























































Instead of walking down the way I came, I walked further down the other side where there is a dirt road and found a path that leads back to the house from the opposite direction.  I love fall days in New England.  The leaves have all fallen down, days are cold but there is no snow yet.  Just lots of sunshine.
























I ended the day with a St. Germain martini in one of my mother's gorgeous cocktail glasses.  We ate smoked trout and chevre cheese before dinner in front of the fire.
























I set the table for Thanksgiving.  My mother has the most gorgeous collection of crystal ever.  It actually looks more appropriate for Easter spring with all the pink and white but I really dislike classic fall colors.  The runner was a gift from my aunt from Guatemala.  We had a lovely time and my mother's food was to-die-for as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment