Saturday, April 2, 2011

San Francisco

I arrived in SF yesterday straight from Maun two days before. Surprisingly, jetlag hasn't been an issue.

My brother, his new girlfriend, two cousins, and myself had dinner at Chez Panisse last night. Not surprisingly it was gorgeous. We had lots of wine though and that made getting up a bit difficult this morning but after a good workout I'm feeling better.

We started dinner with a champagne cocktail with kumquat syrup followed by a crawfish salad. Risotto with choritzo and peas next then squab with bitter lettuce leaves. Dessert was a bit disappointing for me. It was a rose jelly with sorbet. A bit too retro for me.

We all had a fabulous time and I'm very much looking forward to Tartine for lunch and then some serious shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment