Thursday, June 17, 2010

Cooking with Rebeka



Today Katy and I took a French cooking class.  We met up with a small group of people and Rebeka, our teacher for the day.  She led us to the market where we bought all our ingredients for lunch.  One of our fellow students let a vegetable vender get a bit flirtatious with her and a cucumber.  


I just can't get over how fresh and perfect market food is in Paris.  I would buy fish and seafood like this every week.  


Once we got to the kitchen we started working straight away on a fennel and herb stuffing for our jambon cru wrapped lamb shoulder.  We threw fingerling potatoes around the roast and let it cook.  Then we made a gently seasoned cauliflower and Roquefort soup.  

We finished cooking and sat down to eat our lunch.  We had a really nice group of fellow cooks.  Some were younger, some were older.  They were French, Australian, and American.  After lunch we had cheese accompanied by a cheese appreciation course (which was unnecessary pour moi).  

After lunch Katy and I said our goodbyes and went straight to Le Bon Marche for a mini-shopping spree.  I actually held myself back from one dangerous purchase.  Katy says she doesn't see my restraint but I hope after this afternoon I proved to her that I am able to walk away from a lovely and lively floral print dress and keep my Mastercard firmly in my wallet.  

Tomorrow is our last day in Paris.  


2 comments:

  1. Elena:

    I felt like I was there with you and Katie. What lovely pictures. Paris is always a good time and such a place to explore. I'm looking forward to seeing your purchases:) XX Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. People should note the plastic bag hovering over the oversize cucumber in the first picture. That man was very cheeky!

    ReplyDelete