Wednesday, June 23, 2010

French Dinner Party For Three
















Last night I recreated the meal Katy and I learned at our cooking class in Paris for my friends Clara and Alex.  It started off a bit American though with a cheese board before dinner (quel horreur!) with smuggled products from Paris.  Then I served cauliflower soup with Roquefort (smuggled as well).  Dinner was leek and mushroom stuffed lamb with snap peas and roasted baby potatoes.  All very simple and hearty.  Just the thing for a cold winter evening in Botswana.  For desert I served lemon and orange curd over rounds of pate brise.  We had a lovely time.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try out the recipes this weekend! I am going to try and do it as francais as possible and buy most of the goods at the marche (green market) in the morning.

    xoKaty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had a marche here in Maun! I'm still living off the cheese I brought back. Last night dinner was an apple, chevre, camembert and half a beer. Oh, Paris, I miss you! Good luck on your dinner parties!

    ReplyDelete