Monday, October 11, 2010

Twinkle Toes


I spent the night in Joburg and got up early to have a last little luxury of breakfast in bed in my hotel room before walking to the terminal.  At the Air Botswana check in desk a woman in front of me had on a stylishly loose white shirt, slim bermuda khaki shorts and camo ballet flats with a rhinestone skull over the toes.  While I’m not crazy about the shoes, I love that she wanted to wear these sparkly flats into her safari camp.  Many tourists put old fashioned safari clothes on just to board their 777s towards Joburg not realizing their feet will only touch sand for one length stride between the maze of raised walkways around their lodge and jumping into a Land Cruiser for a game drive.  So I say ‘bravo’ to this lady who was smart enough to bring her favorite camo rhinestone shoes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment