Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Another walk with Looloo and Feefee

On Monday I took another walk with the goats.  This was quite the meet-and-greet day.  We came upon a herd of goats and Looloo and Feefee were quite excited to say hello.  The other goats weren't so interested in them and I was grateful they weren't in estrus.  I looked on with such pride that I have these fearless and outgoing little kids!  After a few minutes I called to them and we continued on our way.






























Near the end of our walk we arrived at a cattle post near my house.  The family has left for a funeral and it's been all but abandoned for the past few weeks.  We found their baby donkey near the road and Feefee got up on her hind legs and challenged this little mellow fellow before calming down and saying hello.















Then out of the brush a little cat came over.  She had ticks and fleas all over.  (I returned later on my scooter and poured on her some anti-flea and tick medicine.)  The goats came over to her and sniffed all over.















We had a lot of fun and I think Looloo and Feefee enjoyed meeting all the different animals.  Before I left the abandoned cattle post a young man arrived.  His name is TT and he's looking after the place as best he can while his parents are away.  We talked about goats and their health and management.  We both agreed that goats are fabulous animals and I made plans with him to help him trim hooves on Sunday.  This will be quite a bit project as he has about 60 goats and 6 sheep.  I'll keep you all posted on how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment