Monday, July 12, 2010

Clipping Hooves

On Sunday afternoon I visited my neighbor's cattle post to teach him how to clip his goats' hooves.  I spent about half an hour clipping five goats and then my soft hands opened with wet blisters and I let TT take over.  The goats' hooves were in pretty bad shape.  Most of them had some form of hoof rot and all of them were deformed.  I did the best I could but it will take time and regular trimming to get them all on track.  I left TT with a pair of clippers, a hoof pick, blood stopping powder (never made use of it until yesterday), and hoof oil.  I'll visit him again in August to help out.  We had fun though and I learned a lot.  My goats' hooves are so easy to do because I take quite good care of them.  It's important to really learn what the problems are.

No comments:

Post a Comment