Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Portland, OR

Last weekend I flew out to spend time with my brother John in Portland.  He's busy building the most gorgeous and well crafted food cart in all of Portland (possibly the world).  Food carts are very popular here and often serve locally sourced, delicious, well made food.

On Saturday morning, at 6am, we got up to go to Zenger Farm where John helps take care of a flock of turkeys and chickens in exchange for fresh eggs.  We let them out, gave them clean water and fresh food.













































We had lunch with two friends of John's at a yard with four food carts surrounding a few picnic tables.  John had a tuna sandwich and I had a leek and potato quiche.  Both came with spiced potatoes and a huge glob of fresh mayo.  Very yummy!  For dessert we all shared a Nutella and strawberry waffle from another cart.













































After lunch John and I went for a walk in Forest Park.  We took a winding trail up and around the side of a mountain.  The tall evergreens and loamy forest floor were so beautiful.















We had a long dinner at Genoa which I thoroughly enjoyed.  The next morning I got up early and flew back to NYC.  But I'll see John again soon in Minnesota where I am currently.  We have a family reunion up on a lake here for the next few days.  I'm looking forward to fishing, swimming, boating, and all that comes with a summer getaway in Minnesota.

No comments:

Post a Comment