Sunday, July 18, 2010

Thomas Keller Dinner

Well I've arrived in New York and have been having a great time.

Katy hosted a Thomas Keller dinner party where everyone brought a dish from one of his cookbooks.  We certainly ate well and had a good time doing it.

I had just worked a shift at my food coop in Park Slope (I do think that I travel the furthest for my work shifts and no longer listen to anyone grumbling about coming from Queens) and so I brought along a lot of gorgeous cheese and some figs.  Katy made the yummiest salmon rillettes that we enjoyed with bread from Bouchon.















The next course was Caroline's endive, rocket, peach, and pine nut salad.  The tangy dressing and spicy lettuce helped cleanse the palate after the creamy cheese.  We decided to be quite proper about the whole dinner and enjoyed every course individually.



















Next up were my crab cakes with a spicy, smoked aioli.  The crispiness of the panko crumbs and hint of old bay seasoning was lovely, if I do say so myself.  



















Katy also made super yummy mussels with the most divine saffron broth that we all sopped up with our leftover bread.  



















Last up was a dessert medley courtesy of Meredith.  She baked an almond cake set off by the best rhubarb compote and creme fraiche.  She also brought along Thomas Keller's oreos which I had been looking forward to all week and was not disapointed.  



















We had a fabulous time and I look forward to the next chef's dinner.  

No comments:

Post a Comment