Monday, July 4, 2011

Bonfire

























I haven't had a dinner party in a long time and with the cold winter weather I didn't really know how I'd lure anyone to my house past sunset.  Then I decided to make a big fire.  Looloo and Feefee got very excited with the arrival of wood and graciously helped me take it out of the car (by trying to eat it) and then got even more excited when I broke up kindling because that was just more snack food.  They thought it was a lot of fun to knock over my smart, little pile of logs.




















I'm feeling like a very bad goat-owner because this is the most excited they've had since I struggled to put up my hammock in the front yard last month.



















The river is still rising in my yard but for some reason my local hippo whom I used to hear every evening has disappeared.  At least I don't have any crocodiles in my yard because then I'd be upset.



















I made my own tonic water for my friends and am very impressed with the results.  This is my little gin and tonic bar that I set up before dinner.  From the left I have gin, water, and tonic.  I'm going to experiment with flavors a little because it's a bit too sweet for my taste and I'd like to play up the bitter and sour flavors.



















Here is the gin and homemade tonic with my swanky little hotel cocktail napkins.



















For dinner I made lemon and garlic roasted chicken, butternut and spinach gratin, boiled potatoes, and a fennel salad.  For dessert we went outside and sat around the fire eating lemon ricotta cupcakes with tea. Lots of fun.















No comments:

Post a Comment